Wednesday 27 April 2016

Ponderations

Oh, my good intentions.  *LOL*  I really wish I could get better at this blogging thing, but all I can do is keep trying and trying.  Hopefully I will get better at it as time passes.

Today was Publicsac Day here at the house.  The day when all the weekly flyers get delivered to the houses along the street.  The drop-off for the blocks' bags is right next door, so for a good two hours in the morning, the dog barks like a crazy fool, going off every few minutes.  Makes me crazy.

I was thinking back to many many years ago this morning as I made my coffee.  Do any of you remember "Miles For Millions"?  I think it was the first ever walkathon - I'm thinking that it was back in 1968 or 1969 that I did it because I'm pretty sure I was in grade 7.  We walked 28 miles that day.  I had a whole bunch of sponsors, and I'll always remember my Uncle George who sponsored me for $1 a mile thinking that I'd only do 2 or 3 miles... HAH!!  I did all 28!    I found an article on it... Sole Power .    We did other walkathon types of fundraising throughout my high-school years, but never something on this scale.  My feet were a disaster at the end.  *LOL*

Anyway, those were a couple of the things that struck me today.  Exciting, I know, but I'm trying!  *LOL*  Baby steps.

2 comments:

  1. I did Miles for Millions too! I think it was Grade 8 which would make it 1972. I didn't manage the full 28 - I actually had a touch of flu or something that day and ended up dropping out due to puking! I may have done it a second time though - I kind of think maybe> I can't remember. Mannnnnny years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y'know, I think I must still have my certificate somewhere. Probably in the hell of the crawlspace in one of the trunks. *LOL*

      Delete