Tuesday 31 December 2013

2013 - The Year that Was

It was a year.  :)  And it's just about done.  Reflecting back on it, there were more good times and things on it than bad, so we'll put it in the plus column of the ledger book.  There are some things that stick out in my memories and thoughts of the year.  Things other than the day to day activity of life that is really what living is.  :)

My blood was good all year!  Go me!  The COPD and phlebitis sucks and makes things difficult to do at times, but it is what it is.  I've not smoked in 2 and a half years, which is a good thing.  (I still do crave a good cig every once in a while, but it passes quickly.)  In the coming year, I have to find a way to get more active.  I had the greatest plans for walking when I retired but the COPD put a HUGE spoke in that wheel.  But I am going to work on that.  For now it will have to be inside because the lungs really, really, really don't like this arctic cold thing the weather has going on this winter.

I had some family and friends going through really shitty times this year and I wish I was closer to them so I could help, you know?  At the very least to offer hugs and coffee.  To them, I hope the new year brings peace, happiness, good health and a very limited amount of crapola.  *hugs them all*  

Speaking of friends, I got to know someone a whole lot better this past year and she's become a very good and close friend.  The internet is really good for some things.  

I read a lot of good books this past year, among them, Dirty Laundry by Heidi Cullinan, the Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy by Nora Roberts,  Beyond Shame, Beyond Control and Beyond Pain by Kit Rocha, Touch & Geaux by Abigail Roux, Forever Promised by Amy Lane, Catch a Ghost and Long Time Gone by SE Jakes are all among my faves.  Here is my Pinterest Board of Books I Read in 2013 if anyone is curious.  

Movies that I saw this year include Frozen from Disney that I highly recommend to anyone who will listen.  *LOL*  It turns all those Prince Charming, romance and Knights on white chargers tropes on their heads in a most wonderful way.  I wanted to have All The Daughters so I could take them to see this one.  :)  And this song... THIS SONG!!  There are no words to describe how I love this song.  Yeah, I'm a headbanger, I know, but THIS SONG!!!!




Some great TV watching this past year.  All the regulars of course, Dancing With the Stars, The Voice, NCIS, NCIS:LA, Hawaii Five-0, Survivor, Arrow, Revolution, Chicago Fire, White Collar, Once Upon A Time, The Amazing Race... there are even more.  *LOL*  I've enjoyed them all.  And the new additions to the schedule, Blacklist, Almost Human, Sleepy Hollow, Agents of Shield, Tomorrow People, The Originals and my latest total obsession Strike Back.  They have all kept me occupied in the best ways.  :)  Check out one of the best opening credit sequences in television -




So that's about it.  In the coming year?  There are things I want to do, get more active, write and complete something, things of that nature. I want to enjoy my family and friends.  I want to read good books, enjoy good movies and watch good TV shows. I want to enjoy my retirement.  :)

Happy New Year, everyone!!  *HUGS FOR ALL*


No comments:

Post a Comment