Monday 2 May 2016

Late Night Blogging

I'm trying to blog or whatever regularly, but sometimes it's hard because nothing exciting happens for days on end in my life!  *LOL*   Which, you know, I'm okay with except that I've got nothing interesting to blog about.  But, this is part of my getting my mojo back, so...

I could go on a rant about the latest uproar in Romancelandia or even the latest uproars, because there always seems to be a couple of them going at any given time.  I could weigh in on the way the Puppy People have ruined the Hugo Awards in SciFiLandia, but all I know is that the creepy old white men are feeling threatened and hence have fucked shit up.  Then there's the whole Kelly Ripa/Michael Strahan controversy, but I think I said all I need to say on the matter for now on Twitter.

So, let's see... I'm reading a good book right now.  The second in a fantasy series.  The Providence of Fire by Brian Staveley.  Juicy epic fantasy.  I know it's good because I have to make myself put it down at the ends of chapters so that I get about my chores and stuff.  :)

I've decided that I want to crochet a blanket.  It's a Ripple Blanket.  I want to use cotton yarn.  I have a wee bit that I bought to make wrist warmers with that I've been practicing on and I like how it works and I like the feel of it when it's done, so that's what I want to go with.  I'm going to head out to Michaels this week to hunt up enough to actually make a start.  Not sure what colours I'll go with - I'll have to see what they have.  This way, I can do my cross stitch during the day when the light is better and I can crochet at night when I'm not sitting on the computer.

And let me finish tonight's entry by saying that I'm ready for a little bit of warmth.  I'm ready for days with temps in the high teens and nights in the low teens.  This single digit crap has quite worn out its welcome with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment