Saturday 26 October 2013

TV Watching

My God, I was so burnt out today.  So many things I was supposed to do, that I wanted to do... until I sat down to do them.  Then... bleurgh.  So I consigned the day to the 'do nothing' heap and watched all the TV shows I'd recorded during the week.  Including the odd, Reign.  

Reign is about young Mary, Queen of Scots and her time in France when she was engaged to Francis, at the time the Dauphin of France.  Don't be looking for a history lesson here!  *LOL*  The show is full of pretty young things, male and female as well as a healthy dose of the other-worldly.  I suppose that since it plays on the CW, it's all perfectly normal, but...  at least it's fun.  :)

I also watched Dracula last night.  It proved very interesting.  What struck me was how similar in feel (and maybe a plot point or two) it is to Elizabeth Bear's New Amsterdam.  The alternate history series about a very old vampire and a forensic sorceress.  Yes, you read that correctly, a forensic sorceress. (Read the book, it's really good steampunk mystery type stuff. *g*)  Anyway, I enjoyed Dracula and it's gone onto the 'I watch' list.

My exciting day.  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment