Friday 29 November 2013

This 'n' That

It is the day after American Thanksgiving, therefore time to change the blog's clothing to its holiday garb.  I may change it again before I'm through.  *LOL*   I love playing with this stuff.

Here in Canada we've begun to have our own sort of Black Friday bargain thingie.  It's to keep the $$ at home, they say.  So I did a bit of online shopping and got a deal on pajamas and pajama pants.  50% off.  Can't go wrong with that.  :)

And then this afternoon, groceries needed acquiring so Michael and I headed out  to do just that.  It was COLD!  A beautiful sunny day though.  We looked for turkeys - seems as if we're to be expecting a shortage, they say, so our eyes are peeled every time we head to the shops.  I'm partial to Butterballs.  Over the past 30 years, I've cooked many, many of them and they've always been great, so I'm loathe to change.  An 8 kilo Butterball was $65 today.  0.0  The equivalent Flamingo turkey was $23.  At the moment, I'm too chicken shit to go for the Flamingo and will wait and see if we can find a Butterball at a reasonable price.  

As for Nano... well, I failed that pretty spectacularly.  *LOL*  I never managed to get into a groove to write every day, which annoys the hell out of me.  But I love my idea and I'm going to continue to work on it - if at first you don't succeed and all that.  :)  One of my friends had her book accepted by a publisher this past week and I am totally thrilled for her!  I'm also envious.  Figures, right?  Maybe this will give me the impetus (kick in the ass) to get a move on.  

And it occurs to me that I've not posted a hottie of the day for a while.  Too wound up in things, I guess.  But I'll rectify that tonight.  I'm going to watch Strike Back when I finish here, so I'll post a pick of my latest obsession, Sullivan Stapleton.  Damn, he's fine.  :)  




No comments:

Post a Comment